Venetian Blinds - Ideal For Light Control
Venetian blinds are made up of many horizontal pieces that can be turned to control how much light is let in.
The three main material options for Venetian blinds are wood, aluminum, and faux wood, varying in sizes for each material.
Wooden Venetian blinds come in four different sizes: 27mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 64mm.
Aluminum Venetian blinds vary in four sizes: 16mm, 25mm, 35mm, and 50mm.
Faux wood Venetian blinds are made of a composite material that replicates real wood,
available 35mm or 50mm sizes.
All of our venetian blinds can be motorised and controlled by remote control if required.
Venetian Blind Safety in Your Home
Your home should be a place where your children are safe and protected, but there are hidden dangers in many homes where the cords and chains of window blinds and curtains can pose a serious risk.
Young children, particularly under the age of three, can strangle in the loop of cords and chains from window blinds and curtains.
A number of deaths of children from strangulation caused by loose cords and chains from window blinds, have been reported by the media in recent years.
Precautions to Take
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from windows.
- Keep cords and chains out of reach of children – cords should end at least 1.6 metres above the ground.
- Make your existing blinds or curtains safe – try to get rid of cords ending in a loop – learn how easy it is by watching the video above. Buy the safety items featured in our video in order to secure blind cords.
- Choose new blinds or curtains carefully – there are now many options available that don’t have cords or chains.
- Ask the shop if the blind meets the safety standard EN 13120:2009+A1:2014
- Check that the blind includes a safety device for keeping the cord out of the reach of children and that the safety device meets the safety standards EN 16433:2014 and EN 16434:2014.
- Check that written instructions for assembly, installation, use and maintenance are provided, and follow them if you are installing the blind yourself.
- Further information of the new safety standards is available from the NSAI.
- Keep window blind cords and chains out of the reach of children and follow the safety instructions.
- Using safety devices may reduce the risk of a child being strangled but nothing can be considered risk-proof.
Please Note! - All blinds fitted by Manor Interiors meet all of the guidelines and regulations above
What We Love About Venetian Blinds
Extremely effective for controlling light and preventing glare. Great for the office and preventing screen glare. The simple designs are suitable for kitchens, lounges, bathrooms, and bedrooms.
It is easy to find a perfect type of venetian blinds for your home as they are available in a variety of sizes, finishes, and colours.
A Practical Alternative To Net Curtains
When it comes to Home décor blinds play a major role in add a comtemporary look to your house. Blinds are an alternative to the traditional net curtains. One of our best sellers is venetian blinds.
We love venetian blinds for both the home and office but they work really well in a commercial office. They are largely used to decorate office windows and are very effective when it comes to sunlight management.
We have outlined the different types of venetian blinds we stock below.
For more information about our range of wooden venetian blinds, click the button below . . .
For more information about our range of aluminium venetian blinds, click the button below . . .
Faux And Wood
For more information about our range of faux and wood venetian blinds, click the button below . . .
Cleaning is straightforward, just dust, then wipe with a clean damp cloth.
Unit 118, Baldoyle Industrial Estate,
Baldoyle, Dublin 13,
D13 T6Y6, Ireland
SHOWROOM OPENING HOURS
Monday-Friday: 10am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: closed
Showroom by appointment only
Day & Night
Find us on Social Media: