Vertical Blinds Prevent Glare In Any Room
Vertical blinds are similar Venetian blinds, except the slats are vertical instead of horizontal and are pulled along a track using a rod, motor, or pulley system.
They come in both 89mm and 127mm sizes.
We recommend vertical blinds for offices they add comfort and proper lighting and prevent glare while still letting in the light.
Wand vertical blinds use a rod to pull along the track. Chain vertical blinds are pulled with a chain attached to a track.
Our vertical blinds are also available as motorised, allowing you full control at the touch of a button.
Vertical Blind Safety in Your Home
Your home should be a place where your children are safe and protected, but there are hidden dangers in many homes where the cords and chains of window blinds and curtains can pose a serious risk.
Young children, particularly under the age of three, can strangle in the loop of cords and chains from window blinds and curtains.
A number of deaths of children from strangulation caused by loose cords and chains from window blinds, have been reported by the media in recent years.
Precautions to Take
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from windows.
- Keep cords and chains out of reach of children – cords should end at least 1.6 metres above the ground.
- Make your existing blinds or curtains safe – try to get rid of cords ending in a loop – learn how easy it is by watching the video above. Buy the safety items featured in our video in order to secure blind cords.
- Choose new blinds or curtains carefully – there are now many options available that don’t have cords or chains.
- Ask the shop if the blind meets the safety standard EN 13120:2009+A1:2014
- Check that the blind includes a safety device for keeping the cord out of the reach of children and that the safety device meets the safety standards EN 16433:2014 and EN 16434:2014.
- Check that written instructions for assembly, installation, use and maintenance are provided, and follow them if you are installing the blind yourself.
- Further information of the new safety standards is available from the NSAI.
- Keep window blind cords and chains out of the reach of children and follow the safety instructions.
- Using safety devices may reduce the risk of a child being strangled but nothing can be considered risk-proof.
Please Note! - All blinds fitted by Manor Interiors meet all of the guidelines and regulations above
Vertical Blinds - Ideal For Wide Windows
Vertical blinds are shades in which vanes or slats run up-and-down.
Vertical blinds are an excellent choice for sliding doors. They also function well in rooms with wide window expanses that are hard to cover with other window treatments.
They are also the solution for bay windows that are hard-to-fit.
Sizes, Shapes, and Types
Vertical blinds are made of aluminum, wood, vinyl, or fabric. They come in different widths starting from 1/2- 3 inches, which are the most common, up to 300 inches and above. Bigger windows require bigger widths.
It is important to take accurate measurements before purchasing and fitting a vertical blind. All blinds supplied by Bargain Blinds are made to measure and we fit them for you, so no need to worry about doing the measurements yourself.
They come in different shapes and unique designs. Several shapes include flat shape, S-curved, and angle top blinds.
89mm & 127mm
For more information about our range of 89mm & 127mm vertical blinds, click the button below . . .
For more information about our range of vertical blinds suitable for your office, click the button below . . .
For more information about our range of motorised vertical blinds, click the button below . . .
Maintenance of your roller blinds is very easy.
Follow these tips, and you will have a long-lasting roller blind:
- Do not allow any moisture or water to settle on the blinds unless it is 100% waterproof, always wipe with a clean, soft cloth, do not use detergent or cleaning products that are not mild.
- Blinds' moving mechanism is not meant to be lubricated or oiled. So don't.
- Lastly, ensure your room is well ventilated to avoid the formation of molds and any warping of the blinds.
Unit 118, Baldoyle Industrial Estate,
Baldoyle, Dublin 13,
D13 T6Y6, Ireland
SHOWROOM OPENING HOURS
Monday-Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 3pm
Bank Holidays: closed
Showroom by appointment only
Day & Night Blinds
Roof Window Blinds
Find us on Social Media: